I will go ahead and apologize to any of you who have zero interest in FitBloggin‘ because the next few weeks are going to be jam-packed with lots of exclamation points about it. For those who don’t know what FitBloggin’ is, it’s what it sounds like: a fitness blogger conference. You can be a total newbie without a blog or someone who has been blogging since before people knew what blogs were. You can be on a weight loss journey or you can be some ripped trainer. It’s an awesome time with awesome people. It’s the one time a year I get to see so many people that have inspired me on my journey. Plus, it’s in Baltimore which means fresh CRAB CAKES! (I’m land locked with no fresh seafood.)
Anyway, here’s some info about FitBloggin:
- (sort of) Guide to Fitbloggin’ 2012 by Tara at A life changing Journey. Tara gives great advice, and great hugs
- These are my posts from last years conference:
- This year, I’m presenting on using social media to build your blog audience. Learn more about that and submit questions here.
- One thing I want to throw out about FitBloggin: I’m not great with names. So if I stare at your chest 20 times, it’s because I am looking at your name tag, not because I am a pervert.
- Another thing: Please don’t be shy! Say hello and jump in. Believe me, at many conferences I can be a bit of a wallflower, but I can say with total confidence that this group of people is extremely friendly.
This year there is something fun happening off-site Thursday 9/20 that I’m really looking forward to: a tour and sessions at the McCormick headquarters. We’ll get to learn about the basics of flavors, cooking demos, learn about the benefits of spices in healthy eating and more. As someone who gets bored of my basic clean-eating foods, I am really hoping to learn about how to increase the flavor of healthy dishes. I am not a cook by any means, and choose to prepare fast, easy proteins and veggies. Anything to make it less boring will be a great benefit.
There are some spaces left for the offsite tour, so if you’re coming to FitBloggin, sign up here! There will be transportation leaving from the conference hotel (the Hyatt Regency) at noon and the event will go until 5pm.
Disclosure: I am attending the McCormick off-site event as a compensated participant. All opinions, love of spices and naivety with cooking are 100% authentic as I had already signed up voluntarily to attend this event as an enthusiastic participant. I Blog with Integrity.