I feel a little frantic right now, in a good way. I’m not usually a “woo hoo!” kind of girl, but right now, I just want to scream: “WOO FREAKIN’ HOO!”
Short version because it’s late and I should go to sleep:
- Woke up late and was all “meh” and groggy
- Got some Starbucks and it perked me up and I got some work done
- Went to private yoga session and my back and ankle felt incredible during it. Yes, I’m weak on that one side, but we worked on back alignment which is what I really need to calm my sciatic nerve which is what has kept my ankle tendon flared up for so long. The session wasn’t vigorous or hard – but it did exactly what I needed it to – help me reconnect with my body. I’ve felt very disconnected for months now. My friend Retta went with me – so glad I didn’t have to do it alone.
- Went to physical therapy (I’m in my fourth dang month!) but for the first time was pain free. Zipped through my exercises and exclaimed how good I felt. Ryan, my physical therapist, tested how good I felt by asking me to do single leg heel raises. I haven’t been able to do a single one on my bad ankle for months. Today? I did 15.
- The best part: I now get 1 week off from physical therapy to resume activities in hopes I can do so without any therapy needed to relieve the pain. Seriously, this makes me deliriously happy. I’ll go back after next week to test everything, and if I’m still controlling the pain, I can be discharged from PT!!!
I know I’m not out of the woods yet, but I feel such a huge amount of relief even knowing that today I’m pain free. And I feel good.
I’m so happy that I’ll share my happy dance I did yesterday while trying to re-energize myself to finish some late afternoon work. Yes, I really am this big of a dweeb.